Tabs

Saturday, August 10, 2013

"Fireworks"...

For quite some time, I was playing with this idea of using my colourful Batiks in an EPP project, yet I was still looking for a special layout... when I stumbled upon Jessica's stars, I just knew I found it ;>)

By the way, as you might know, Jessica just published a veeery nice book about EPP. In my opinion, this book is a MUST for every EPP lover. It's full of tips, patterns, layouts, etc... (No personnal interest, it's just that I think credit must be given when deserved).


So, back to my Batiks, I could now easily see them as stars, representing fireworks on a dark (night) background. This is how I see it :
- 7 stars appliqued on a dark (night) background,
- with 1 multicolored star in the center,
- and 6 other ones around, each of a specific color,
- then a multicolored hexies border, to remind the center star.
See what I mean ? ;>)

So here's my center star :




I'm using 3/4" paper pieces, and I'm having so much FUN with this project! I've already selected other Batiks for the 6 other stars, and they're all cut out... Wish me luck!

See you next time, with some progress on this project. ENJOY your piecing, my friends!

NADINE

PS : anyone wishing to join me in this fun project is heartfully welcome!

5 comments:

Kylie Lloyd said...

I have that book!! It's fantastic. Love the star!!!

Mommmmmm! said...

Thanks for the book rec! I love the idea of hexagons as fireworks. I can't wait to see it all come together. :)

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty idea. Love it against the dark.

margaret said...

love your stars and I so agree the book is full of inspiration

Turid said...

Love all your fantastic colours!