Tabs

Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Fun Hexagons Project!

A while ago, I was following along with the One Flower Wednesday group, and so many really *cute* flowers were made, I got the bug to make another project, even though my original late 80s project is still unfinished.


I looked at cute fabrics at Gina's Bernina and some other shops around Knoxville, and there were wonderfully cute ones. They all required bigger hexagon papers, though, My main project is 3/4" sides, and almost none of the cute fabrics I liked would fit on there. Next, I headed to the Paper Pieces website and picked out 1" and 1-1/4" papers to try. I may get some larger ones, too, but for now that's what I'm using. I cut out pieces and started this one that's going to be so cute!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Cute project. I like the black you are using between flowers.

Denise :) said...

Wow! Those are tiny, tiny! I think the smallest hexies I've worked are 1.5". And that was small enough for me! :)

Sarah said...

The snails are adorable. Do you think you'll fussy cut all the fabrics for this project? I have a couple that I have fussy cut everything for and I just love the look.

Anonymous said...

I do plan to fussy cut all of them. I think it will be really cute.